We all love to buy online: ease, speed, without leaving home... it has many advantages and that is why, every day, more purchase-sale transactions are carried out in this way.
However, sometimes we forget to take certain precautions to make safe purchases online, leaving our credit card or debit card data vulnerable and risking our wealth or savings.
Today in Coopealianza, we want to share some recommendations to buy online safely:
- Have a good antivirus installed on your device (computer or cell phone), so that viruses capable of collecting personal or banking information are ruled out when you browse the Internet.
- Use a secure Internet connection, never public Wi-Fi.
- Buy only on sites whose address begins with HTTPS (the s is essential as it denotes a special security protocol), and hopefully they show a padlock in the address bar. That means that the information will be encrypted and cannot be intercepted by a third party.
- Review all the data provided by the online store and research the brand to make sure it is not a scam.
- Search Google and social networks for testimonials from other people who have already bought on the same platform.
- Never share your card or bank account information through chats or emails.
At Coopealianza we always care about advising our associates to make safe purchases on the Internet. If you have any questions, Contact us.